10 Facts Our Atlanta Public Relations Firm Loves About Our City
Our Atlanta public relations firm is honored to build reputations for our clients in one of the most interesting cities in the United States.
How much of this Atlanta trivia do you know?
- Atlanta is the only city in North America that has been destroyed in an act of war. (General Sherman burned it to the ground.) It also suffered a huge fire in 1917. Atlanta rose from the ashes like a phoenix, hence the city’s official symbol: the mythological Egyptian bird called the Phoenix.
On the walls of Write2Market’s Atlanta office, the phoenix flies proudly. For us, it represents not only Atlanta, but the industry leadership alive and well in our region’s top entrepreneurs. We all get burned from time to time—but we always rise up stronger, faster, and smarter. That’s the spirit of Atlanta to us!
- Our favorite lunch spot is more of a collection of lunch spots. We love to walk over to Atlanta’s Krog Street Market, right on the BeltLine, that houses a dozen local artisans and chefs. Like our public relations clients Krog Street Market has won a lot of awards, like:
- Top 11 Must-Visit Food Halls Across the U.S. (Zagat)
- Top 10 Spots Fueling the Food Hall Revolution (Departures)
- Ten Best Food Halls in the U.S. (Fodor’s Travel)
Atlanta ranks third out of US cities with the largest concentrations of the Fortune 500 companies. This is a fact we and our clients take seriously. We don’t let our location’s resources go to waste. Through conferences like our annual Industry Leadership Summit, we connect strategic corporations to our innovative clients.
- Atlanta is one of only two cities in the world to be home to two Nobel Peace Prize winners, Martin Luther King Jr. and President Jimmy Carter. Both of these legendary men have a legacy here that you can walk to from Write2Market! Martin Luther King’s birthplace is just down the road on Auburn Avenue. The Carter Center is a 15 minute stroll down the BeltLine from our front door.
- Atlanta sits on a fault line between East and West—the Eastern Continental Divide. The Eastern Continental Divide divides the U.S. into watersheds that drain into the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic Ocean. The fault runs right through downtown Atlanta and right under Write2Market, heading towards Decatur. Understanding unique worlds and bringing them together is engrained in our very geography at Write2Market!
- There are over 65 streets with the word “Peachtree” in Atlanta! But more interesting to us is Auburn Avenue, where we are located. Auburn Avenue, otherwise known as Sweet Auburn, is a National Historic District and a famous hotbed of civil rights. We like to think we play into this history but bolstering our clients who also challenge the status quo and succeed!
- We occupy the corner office of Studioplex, one of the many repurposed factories in Atlanta now serving as an office space. Once a cotton compress factory over 100 years ago, Studioplex has an interesting history. In the early 1900s, the Atlantic Compress Company commissioned Piedmont Construction to erect a water tower nearby the cotton compress factory in case of fire. You can still see the water tower from our window, and still, if Studioplex caught on fire, the old, 100-foot water tower would flood 100,000 gallons of water to put out the fire. That’s high-tech for the early 1900s! We appreciate our history, but we’re even bigger fans of our clients’ 21st-century innovation!
- Here’s one more shameless self plug. Atlanta boasts only one of the Top 10 Agencies for Startups in the Southeast, and that’s us! Keep exploring our site or contact us to learn more about how we works with top tech startup founders to grow Atlanta’s technology impact.