Unlike the other 4 top trends in our 2014 B2B Public Relations Trends series, this one has nothing to do with taking advantage of the right technologies for your marketing program, and everything to do with creating the right content.
The best content in 2014 for B2B companies—as in the highest performing, most consequent content from a sales perspective—is going to be collaborative.
That means it has an intrinsic truth in it. It is content that your audience of prospective customers naturally wants to trust because it has an embedded objectivity.
To give your content this boost in 2014, make sure your content program relies on these kinds of pieces:
- Research. Real surveys of real people in your industry.
- Case studies. How is your product or service working for clients?
- Video from your customers and fans. Let your products and services speak for themselves through the mouths of your customers—find ways to let them speak up early and often.
- Insights with business partners. Mature b2b companies often have other businesses they go to market with integrated in their vertical supply chain. Find ways to bring insights from your supplier or distributor network to your customers to showcase your own depth in your industry.
To summarize, 2014 b2b publicity trends to watch are all about higher quality, deeper content shared with a quality audience. It’s about less is more. It’s about showing that you are indeed the industry leader in your field.
In 2014, more than ever before, we have the advantages of:
- high quality, mature platform software to showcase our content,
- superb paid distribution options, and
- worldclass media talent on the market to help us create it.
Make 2014 the year of the your story. Let us know how we can help.
(Did you miss one of the top 5 b2b PR and marketing trends for 2014?)