“Write2Market’s public relations campaign for Heartland Rehabilitation Outpatient Services is the differentiating component in exceeding our new patient goals, gaining national press coverage and providing an effective and reputable marketing outlet to contact local physicians. The high profile press coverage has solidified Heartland Rehabilitation Outpatient Services in our local communities.” — Joanna Pera, director of market development, HCR Manorcare
After experiencing shrinking marketshare in some of its regions, Heartland Rehabilitation Outpatient Services challenged Write2Market with growing the market share in the Detroit andJacksonville, Fla. regions while developing the most cost-effective way to maximize their marketing dollars.
The Challenge: Grow Marketshare
With its sustained media campaign designed and executed by Write2Market, Heartland Rehabilitation, an outpatient rehabilitation provider with clinics in six states, continues to see positive impact with key audiences. To date, the results of this media campaign focused in Detroit, Mich. and in the Jacksonville,Fla. area speak for themselves:
- More than $2,000 retail dollars spent by patients on Pilates in the month after the articles was published
- New patient goals exceeded significantly
- Increased tours, screening and question and answer sessions with potential patients directly related to published articles
- Nineteen phone calls to the clinic by potential patients with specific questions about the services featured in a local publication
- Increase in patients requesting certain services that received press coverage (which translates to increased sales)
- National and local press coverage, including feature-length articles with color photographs, resulting in more than 1,449,495 public impressions.
- Print coverage with the current advertising equivalency of more than $50,000
- Online reads of more than 325,000, with dozens of inserts into key health web sites, news feeds and search engines.
“In particular, the Pilates article that Write2Market pitched to the media brought more out-of-the-box thinking and can-do attitude to our staff, and it has breathed new life into the entire concept of therapy in an outpatient setting that is not found anywhere else,” Susan Thorpe, local project manager/business development specialist
- Establish Heartland as a leader in outpatient rehabilitation care with physicians and consumers through targeted media relations campaign
- Differentiate the outpatient rehabilitation clinics from other Heartland services with physicians and consumers through targeted media relations campaign
- Establish Heartland Rehabilitation and its physical therapists and other key executives as media resources to Detroit and trade media with ongoing relationship building through media contact
The Results: Media Relations Makes A Difference
Write2Market’s experienced public relations executives developed and provided Heartland with five media-friendly topics that spoke to their core value propositions in the Detroit and North Florida regions. Then, W2M writers and media analysts interviewed multiple sources, packaged the information in a media-friendly format, distributed that information to top national and local news desks and ensured the messages translated to many different mediums, including direct mail and web site copy.
Additionally, Write2Market distributed optimized news releases with the aim of boosting web search engine rankings, and developed optimized web site copy for Heartland.
“Our senior public relations pros sought out the most important reporters in the Heartland communities, and expertly pitched their stories–the result being phenomenal news coverage with additional marketing opportunities,” said Lisa Calhoun, president of Write2Market.
To add effective media relations and public relations strategy to your marketing arsenal, [intlink id=”124″ type=”page”]contact[/intlink] our experienced media professionals today.
You may also be interested in:
- [intlink id=”94″ type=”page”]Web Copywriting and SEO Copywriting[/intlink]
- [intlink id=”1077″ type=”page”]Optimized Press Releases Boost Search Engine Rankings[/intlink]
- [intlink id=”1132″ type=”page”]Editorial Placement and Bylined Articles[/intlink]